This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of those Board Certified or Board Eligible in Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, and Oculoplastic Surgery, and Allied Health Professionals working directly with one of those specialists.
This multi-disciplinary meeting will provide appropriate cross-training within the aesthetic practice.
- Diagnose skin conditions and compare options for skin rejuvenation through the use of lasers, skin tightening devices, fillers, injectables, and other minimally invasive techniques.
- Apply various face lifting techniques as they relate to anatomy of the patient.
- Identify procedures, surgical vs non-surgical, that would be most beneficial to the presenting patient.
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of how to avoid common problems with Rhinoplasty.
- Differentiate the various approaches to blepharoplasty and browlifting.
- Discuss utilizations and limitations of injectable fillers and non-invasive devices.
- Evaluate controversial topics in facial aesthetic surgery for more informed decisions as related to patient outcomes.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Medical Education Resources (MER) and California Society of Facial Plastic surgery. MER is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 22 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 22 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses will be awarded contact hours upon successful completion of the activity.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299, for 22 contact hours.
Physician Assistant Credit
Medical Education Resources has been authorized by the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 22 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits. Physician Assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
It is the policy of Medical Education Resources to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. In accordance with this policy, MER identifies conflicts of interest with its instructors, content managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of an activity. Conflicts are resolved by MER to ensure that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing education activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.