This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of those Board Certified or Board Eligible in Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, and Oculoplastic Surgery, and Allied Health Professionals working directly with one of those specialists such as Registered Nurses and Physicians Assistants.
This multi-disciplinary meeting will provide appropriate cross-training within the aesthetic practice.
- Diagnose skin conditions and compare options for skin rejuvenation through the use of lasers, skin tightening devices, fillers, injectables, and other minimally invasive techniques.
- Apply various face lifting techniques as they relate to anatomy of the patient.
- Identify procedures, surgical vs non-surgical, that would be most beneficial to the presenting patient.
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of how to avoid common problems with Rhinoplasty.
- Differentiate the various approaches to blepharoplasty and browlifting.
- Discuss utilizations and limitations of injectable fillers and non-invasive devices.
- Evaluate controversial topics in facial aesthetic surgery for more informed decisions as related to patient outcomes.
CE credit provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Credit being awarded: 26.25 ANCC contact hours.
Physician Assistant Credit
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 26.25 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Nurse Practitioners Credit
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Standards of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) through the joint providership of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030803. This activity is approved for 26.25 contact hour(s) (which includes TBD hour(s) of pharmacology).
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
It is the policy of Medical Education Resources to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. In accordance with this policy, MER identifies conflicts of interest with its instructors, content managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of an activity. Conflicts are resolved by MER to ensure that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing education activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.